Viser: ABC of Relativity
Detaljer Om Varen
- Paperback: 168 sider
- Udgiver: Taylor & Francis Group (April 2009)
- ISBN: 9780415473828
First published in 1925, Bertrand Russell#65533;s ABC of Relativity was considered a masterwork of its time, contributing significantly to the mass popularisation of science. Authoritative and accessible, it provides a remarkable introductory guide to Einstein#65533;s theory of Relativity for a general readership. One of the most definitive reference guides of its kind, and written by one of the twentieth century#65533;s most influential philosophers, ABC of Relativity continues to be as relevant today as it was on first publication.
1. Touch and Sight: The Earth and the Heavens
2. What Happens and What is Observed
3. The Velocity of Light
4. Clocks and Foot-rules
6. The Special Theory of Relativity
7. Intervals in Space-Time
8. Einstein's Law of Gravitation
9. Proofs of Einstein's Law of Graviation
10. Mass, Momentum, Energy, and Action
11. The Expanding Universe
12. Conventions and Natural Laws
13. The Abolution of 'Force'
14. What is Matter?
15. Physical Consequences