SØG - mellem flere end 8 millioner bøger:
Viser: Learning to Teach in Higher Education
om ca. 10 hverdage
Detaljer Om Varen
- 2. Udgave
- Paperback: 288 sider
- Udgiver: Routledge (Juli 2003)
- ISBN: 9780415303453
The first part of the book provides an outline of the experience of teaching and learning from the student's point of view, out of which grows a set of prinicples for effective teaching in higher education. Part two shows how these ideas can enhance educational standards, looking in particular at four key areas facing every teacher in higher education:
* Organising the content of undergraduate courses
* Selecting teaching methods
* Assessing student learning
* Evaluating the effectivenesss of teaching.
Case studies of exemplary teaching are used throughout to connect ideas to practice and to illustrate how to ensure better student learning. The final part of the book looks in more detail at appraisal, performance indicators, accountability and educational development and training. The book is essential reading for new and experienced lecturers, particularly those following formal programmes in university teaching, such as courses leading to ILT accreditation.
2. Ways of Understanding Teaching
3. What Students Learn
4. Approaches to Learning
5. Learning from the Student's Perspective
6. The Nature of Good Teaching in Higher Education
7. Theories of Teaching in Higher Education Part 2. Design for Learning
8. The Goals and the Structure of a Course
9. Teaching Strategies for Effective Learning 10 Assessing for Understanding Part 3. Evaluating and Improving Quality
11. Evaluating the Quality of Higher Education
12. What Does it Take to Improve University Teaching?