SØG - mellem flere end 8 millioner bøger:
Viser: How to Get a PhD - A Handbook for Students and Their Supervisors
Detaljer Om Varen
- 6. Udgave
- Paperback: 280 sider
- Udgiver: McGraw-Hill Education (August 2015)
- Forfattere: Estelle M. Phillips og Derek S. Pugh
- ISBN: 9780335264124
It provides a practical, down-to-earth and realistic approach to studying for a PhD and offers support and reassurance for both students and supervisors.This brand new sixth edition has been thoroughly updated and revised throughout, and includes:
- New material on how PhD students can make use of online forums, social media, online survey tools and other technologies throughout the PhD process
- A new Chapter 10, 'Some challenges you may encounter throughout your PhD' includes practical advice for tackling prejudice and dealing with the pressures that can face early career researchers
- Expanded material on avoiding plagiarism and poor academic practice and increased coverage of issues faced by part-time PhD students
- The book retains its focus on delivering clear and practical advice, including tips for writing proposals and applying for funding, managing your time, writing an engaging PhD, and handling the viva.
"How to Get a PhD stands out in the field due to its breadth and comprehensiveness. Whilst studying for a PhD, I bought several of these types of books. I wish instead I had saved my money and simply bought How to Get a PhD. I would recommend this for any PhD students, for anyone thinking about studying for a PhD, or indeed for new PhD supervisors."
David Wilkins, Senior Research Fellow, Tilda Goldberg Centre, University of Bedfordshire, UK
"A thoroughly useful book to recommend to students (and prospective students) to help guide them through the practicalities of achieving a PhD."
Dr Russ Grant, University of York, UK and independent postgraduate teaching consultant