SØG - mellem flere end 8 millioner bøger:
Viser: Drying of Herbs, Spices, and Medicinal Plants
Ching Lik Hii og Shivanand S. Shirkole
Detaljer om varen
- Hardback: 244 sider
- Udgiver: CRC Press LLC (September 2023)
- Forfattere: Ching Lik Hii og Shivanand S. Shirkole
- ISBN: 9781032216164
Drying is a key operation in processing of many plant-based foods and medicines for the purpose of preservation and retention of key attributes and active compounds. Therefore, it is essential to select suitable drying techniques to ensure a product is processed under optimal operating conditions. Drying of Herbs, Spices, and Medicinal Plants presents processing aspects of these three major global agricultural commodities. It offers an insight into the drying and product quality of herbs, spices, and medicinal plants, such as drying characteristics, equipment selection, physiochemical analyses, quality improvement, product development, storage, and shelf life as well as future developments.
- Offers the latest information on drying and processing technologies, research, and development
- Summarizes various drying techniques, their advantages and limitations, industrial applications, and simple design methods
- Presents guidelines for dryer selection
- Links theory and practice
- Envisages future trends and demands
Featuring chapters from expert authors in both industry and academia, this book is an important resource for those working in the chemical, food processing, pharma, and biotech industries, especially those focused on the drying of plants for food and medicinal applications.