SØG - mellem flere end 8 millioner bøger:
Viser: Routledge Handbook of the Future of Warfare
Artur Gruszczak og Sebastian Kaempf
om ca. 10 hverdage
Detaljer om varen
- Hardback: 470 sider
- Udgiver: Routledge (September 2023)
- Forfattere: Artur Gruszczak og Sebastian Kaempf
- ISBN: 9781032288901
The volatilities and uncertainties of the global security environment raise timely and important questions about the future of humanity's oldest occupation: war.
This volume addresses these questions through a collection of cutting-edge contributions by leading scholars in the field.
Its overall focus is prognostic rather than futuristic, highlighting discernible trends, key developments and themes without downplaying the lessons from the past. By making the past meet the present in order to envision the future, the handbook offers a diversified outlook on the future of warfare, which will be indispensable for researchers, students and military practitioners alike. The volume is divided into six thematic sections.
Section I draws out general trends in the phenomenon of war and sketches the most significant developments, from the past to the present and into the future.
Section II looks at the areas and domains which actively shape the future of warfare.
Section III engages with the main theories and conceptions of warfare, capturing those attributes of contemporary conflicts which will most likely persist and determine the dynamics and directions of their transformations.
The fourth section addresses differentiation and complexity in the domain of warfare, pointing to those factors which will exert a strong impact on the structure and properties of that domain.
Section V focuses on technology as the principal trigger of changes and alterations in the essence of warfare.
The final section draws on the general trends identified in Section I and sheds light on how those trends have manifested in specific local contexts. This section zooms in on particular geographies which are seen and anticipated as hotbeds where future warfare will most likely assume its shape and reveal its true colours.
This book will be of great interest to students of strategic studies, defence studies, war and technology, and International Relations.
Part I: Approaching Future Wars
1. Strategic Foresight and Future War: A Discussion of Methodologies
2. Predicting the Future of War in the 21st Century: A Future War Studies?
3. Thinking About the Future of War
4. Human Security in Future Military Operations
5. Great Powers and War in the Twenty-First Century: Blast from the Past
6. The Ecology of Violence
7. Militainment for Future Warfare
Part II: The Systemic Variables of the Future of Warfare
8. How our Accelerating Interactions in Cyberspace Have Shifted Global Power and Made a Kinetic World War More Likely: The Riddle of Steel
9. State Fragility as a Major Challenge to the Existing World Order: "Too Fragile to Hold the World"
10. Lawfare in the 21st Century
11. Privatization of Warfare
12. Terrorism: The Never-Changing Chameleon
13. Deterritorialization and Violent Networks
Part III: Concepts and Theories of Future Warfare
14. Understanding Western Perceptions of War and Insecurity: Unravelling Hybridity
15. Irregular and Unconventional Warfare
16. The Future of Proxy Wars
17. Remote Warfare: Drivers, Limits, Challenges
18. Vicarious War and the United States: Imperial Antecedents and Anticipations
19. Post-Modern Warfare
Part IV: Structural Complexity
20. The Persistent Appeal of Chaoplexic Warfare: Towards an Autonomous S(War)M Machine?
21. Ethnic Conflict and Modern Warfare
22. Just War Thinking and Wars of Information: War, Not-War, and the Places Between
23. Gender in Future Warfare
24. Intelligence and Awareness
25. Criminality and Delinquency: The Impact on Regional and Global Security
Part V: Technoscience
26. Cybernetics at War: Military Artificial Intelligence, Weapon Systems and the De-Skilled Moral Agent
27. Digitizing the Battlefield: Augmented and Virtual Reality Applications in Warfare
28. Quantum Warfare
29. Lethal Autonomous Weapon Systems and their Potential Impact on the Future of Warfare
30. Military Neuroenhancement
31. High-Energy Laser-Directed Energy Weapons: Military Doctrine and Implications for Warfare
32. Space-Based Systems and Counterspace Warfare
Part VI: Harbingers of Future Warfare
33. Prospects of Great Power Rivalry: Escaping the Tragedy?
34. Internationalized Civil War
35. Challenges to the Nuclear Order: Between Resilience and Contestation
36. Conflict in Cyberspace
37. Large-Scale Criminal Violence in the 21st Century
38. Staging the Conflicts to Come: Visions of the Future-Tracing Security Practices
39. Savage Wars and Conflict Dehumanization